Future IARO Events
About IARO Workshops
As part of its work to promote best practice to organisations involved in air-rail transport, the International Air Rail Organisation (IARO) holds regular Workshops for its Members and invited guests. Each Workshop focuses on a specific aspect of the air-rail business, with the aim being for participants to learn from specialists and to share their expertise and know-how through open discussion.
The Workshops are 1-day round-table meetings. Participation is limited to 25 attendees, to ensure maximum discussion and inter-action. There are usually 4 or 5 speakers, who will introduce a specific theme or share their own organisation’s experiences, with plenty of time for questions and discussion after each presentation.
The Workshops are organised for IARO Members, although non-Members are invited to attend, as appropriate. Members may register either one or two participants.
13th IARO Workshop - “What do Good Air-Rail Services Look Like?”
London, 23/24 May 2017
Hosted by Heathrow Express and Heathrow Airport
- Site Visits: Tuesday 23 May 2017
- Workshop Sessions: Wednesday 24 May 2017
- Register now to ensure your place
WORKSHOP AGENDA – WEDNESDAY 24 MAY
- The 13th IARO Workshop will take place at Heathrow Airport on Wednesday 24 May 2017.
- Hosted by Heathrow Express and Heathrow Airport, the theme of the Meeting will be: “What do Good Air-Rail Services Look Like?”
- The Workshop will include a number of topics relevant for organisations involved in planning and operating rail links to airports.
- As always, the aim is to encourage sharing of ideas and best practice solutions.
- Topics include:
- Dedicated Airport Expresses: Good Services in Action
- Customer service: the key to attracting customers
- What do good airport rail links look like? A global perspective
- Heathrow's third runway proposals: rail links, controlling car parking
- Observations from the Site Visits on the previous day
Further information, including details of the Workshop Venue and other Practical Arrangements, can be found on the IARO website.
Click HERE to view the Programme
Previous IARO Workshops
- Cranfield University, UK: Monday 13 June 2016
- Lyon, France: Monday 12 September 2016
- New York, USA: Monday 14 November 2016
- Manchester, UK: Thursday 16 April 2015
- Milan, Italy: Monday 15 June 2015
- Washington, USA: Monday 19 October.
- "Airport Rail Stations" - Dallas, 9 April 2014.
- "How does the EU affect Air-Rail links" - Brussels,10 June 2014
- "Which air-rail service - metro, express or commuter?" - Stockholm,16 September 2014
- "Air-rail links in the planning stage" - London Heathrow, 18 November 2014