Future IARO Events
Next IARO Workshop – Paris
- 15th IARO Workshop: Paris, 2018 10-11 April 2018
As at all IARO Workshops, participation is free-of-charge for IARO Members, with a registration fee for non-Members
The Event is being generously hosted and sponsored by Transdev - Click HERE to view the invitation requesting your participitation
To view the event programme please click HERE
This will be a “landmark” meeting – focusing on the high-profile CDG Express project and its impact on the future of the economic and touristic life of the Greater Paris region. A great opportunity to understand how the project is being developed and share best-practice experiences.
As you will note from the Programme, Conference Sessions during the morning of 11 April will include keynote speeches, debates and round tables with project stakeholders. Special guests have been invited to share their views and express their expectations concerning the CDG Express. During the afternoon, there will be presentations covering global air-rail best practice - from Flytoget, Heathrow Express and IATA – together with an update on US air-rail developments and a review of Airport Expresses worldwide, comparing key operational data.
Tuesday 10 April 2018
- Afternoon: Tour of facilities organised by CDG Val (Visits to CDG, Gare du Nord, Gare de l’Est) with presentations
- Evening: Welcome Reception and Dinner
Wednesday 11 April 2018
- Morning: Presentations relating to CDG Express project (invited speakers include representatives from IdF Region, Aéroports de Paris, CRT (regional tourism committee), Transdev and STIF/ile de France Mobilités
- Afternoon: Best Practice in the Air/Rail Industry (Presentations and Discussion on Global Developments and Case Studies, Passenger requirements, Customer service)
Registration and Participation
- Registration for the Workshop is open, already a number of members and other stakeholders have signed up. Participation is free-of-charge for Members
- If you have not already registered, but would like to attend the meeting – or if you are interested in contributing your own organisation’s experiences during the Workshop – please contact me (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Further updates to the Agenda will be published in the coming weeks
PRACTICAL INFORMATION – VENUE AND HOTELS
- As mentioned above, the venue for the Meeting has changed it will now be the Hotel Saint James Albany (http://www.saintjamesalbany.com/en/seminars/)
- Hotels - Special rates for participants have been arranged at these Hotels:
- The Ibis Style Paris Gare de l'Est (prices: 146€/night including breakfast) – click HERE
- The 123 Sebastopol Astotel (prices: 189€/night including breakfast): click HERE
- To benefit from special rates, please use call the hotel and use this Password – “IARO Transdev event”
About IARO Workshops
As part of its work to promote best practice to organisations involved in air-rail transport, the International Air Rail Organisation (IARO) holds regular Workshops for its Members and invited guests. Each Workshop focuses on a specific aspect of the air-rail business, with the aim being for participants to learn from specialists and to share their expertise and know-how through open discussion.
The Workshops are 1-day round-table meetings. Participation is limited to 25 attendees, to ensure maximum discussion and inter-action. There are usually 4 or 5 speakers, who will introduce a specific theme or share their own organisation’s experiences, with plenty of time for questions and discussion after each presentation.
The Workshops are organised for IARO Members, although non-Members are invited to attend, as appropriate. Members may register either one or two participants.
Previous IARO Workshops
- Heathrow Airport, UK: Wednesday 24 May 2017
To view a report of the Meeting, click HERE
To view a photo gallery of the Meeting, click HERE
To view the Andrew Sharp’s presentation (with commentary) “What do good air-rail links look like?” click HERE
- Cranfield University, UK: Monday 13 June 2016
- Lyon, France: Monday 12 September 2016
- New York, USA: Monday 14 November 2016
- Manchester, UK: Thursday 16 April 2015
- Milan, Italy: Monday 15 June 2015
- Washington, USA: Monday 19 October.
- "Airport Rail Stations" - Dallas, 9 April 2014.
- "How does the EU affect Air-Rail links" - Brussels,10 June 2014
- "Which air-rail service - metro, express or commuter?" - Stockholm,16 September 2014
- "Air-rail links in the planning stage" - London Heathrow, 18 November 2014