Future IARO Events
Next IARO Workshop – Paris
- 15th IARO Workshop: Paris, 2018 10-11 April 2018
As at all IARO Workshops, participation is free-of-charge for IARO Members, with a registration fee for non-Members
The Event is being generously hosted and sponsored by Transdev - Click HERE to view the invitation requesting your participitation
Tuesday 10 April 2018
- Afternoon: Tour of facilities organised by CDG Val (Visits to CDG, Gare du Nord, Gare de l’Est) with presentations
- Evening: Welcome Reception and Dinner
Wednesday 11 April 2018
- Morning: Presentations relating to CDG Express project (invited speakers include representatives from IdF Region, Aéroports de Paris, CRT (regional tourism committee), Transdev and STIF/ile de France Mobilités
- Afternoon: Best Practice in the Air/Rail Industry (Presentations and Discussion on Global Developments and Case Studies, Passenger requirements, Customer service)
Registration and Participation
- Registration for the Workshop is open, already a number of members and other stakeholders have signed up. Participation is free-of-charge for Members
- If you have not already registered, but would like to attend the meeting – or if you are interested in contributing your own organisation’s experiences during the Workshop – please contact me (email@example.com)
- Further updates to the Agenda will be published in the coming weeks
PRACTICAL INFORMATION – VENUE AND HOTELS
- As mentioned above, the venue for the Meeting has changed it will now be the Hotel Saint James Albany (http://www.saintjamesalbany.com/en/seminars/)
- Hotels - Special rates for participants have been arranged at these Hotels:
- The Ibis Style Paris Gare de l'Est (prices: 146€/night including breakfast) – click HERE
- The 123 Sebastopol Astotel (prices: 189€/night including breakfast): click HERE
- To benefit from special rates, please use call the hotel and use this Password – “IARO Transdev event”
About IARO Workshops
As part of its work to promote best practice to organisations involved in air-rail transport, the International Air Rail Organisation (IARO) holds regular Workshops for its Members and invited guests. Each Workshop focuses on a specific aspect of the air-rail business, with the aim being for participants to learn from specialists and to share their expertise and know-how through open discussion.
The Workshops are 1-day round-table meetings. Participation is limited to 25 attendees, to ensure maximum discussion and inter-action. There are usually 4 or 5 speakers, who will introduce a specific theme or share their own organisation’s experiences, with plenty of time for questions and discussion after each presentation.
The Workshops are organised for IARO Members, although non-Members are invited to attend, as appropriate. Members may register either one or two participants.
Previous IARO Workshops
- Heathrow Airport, UK: Wednesday 24 May 2017
To view a report of the Meeting, click HERE
To view a photo gallery of the Meeting, click HERE
To view the Andrew Sharp’s presentation (with commentary) “What do good air-rail links look like?” click HERE
- Cranfield University, UK: Monday 13 June 2016
- Lyon, France: Monday 12 September 2016
- New York, USA: Monday 14 November 2016
- Manchester, UK: Thursday 16 April 2015
- Milan, Italy: Monday 15 June 2015
- Washington, USA: Monday 19 October.
- "Airport Rail Stations" - Dallas, 9 April 2014.
- "How does the EU affect Air-Rail links" - Brussels,10 June 2014
- "Which air-rail service - metro, express or commuter?" - Stockholm,16 September 2014
- "Air-rail links in the planning stage" - London Heathrow, 18 November 2014